Nuna Pipa Lite Infant Car Seat - Caviar
One of the safest and most popular infant car seats on the market is the lightest, too: The Nuna PIPA Lite weighs just 5.3 pounds—making it 2.6 pounds lighter than the original PIPA and lighter than any other car seat in the world.
Despite its weight, the PIPA Lite doesn't skimp on safety. Unlike most car seats made with non-flexible foam, the PIPA Lite is made with a first-of-its-kind flexible foam that compresses to absorb forces in a crash.
Like the PIPA, the PIPA Lite snaps into a steel-reinforced base with a load leg that attaches to the floor of your vehicle for extra stability. According to Nuna, the load leg helps minimize forward rotation during a crash by up to 90 percent.
The PIPA Lite includes fire-resistant fabrics free of flame retardant chemicals, a memory foam headrest, and a leather-look handle. Unlike the PIPA Lite LX, it does not include the Dream Drape magnetic cover and, unlike the PIPA, it cannot be installed without the base for taxis or travel.
- At 5.3 pounds, the Nuna PIPA Lite is the lightest infant car seat on the market
- Made with aerospace aluminum, along with lightweight Aeroflex foam that can absorb and diffuse energy away from baby in a crash
- Load leg in steel-reinforced base attaches to floor of car to reduce rotation during impact by up to 90 percent, with crumple zone that absorbs impact and minimizes force to baby
- Rigid (metal) LATCH connectors on base are 50 percent stronger than a typical belt LATCH
- Flame-resistant materials contain no added fire retardant chemicals
- Side-impact protection
- Patented memory foam headrest provides custom support as baby grows
- Two-step, five-second install, with indicators that turn green to signal a correct installation
- Made of comfortable micro-knit fabric, with a removable organic cotton infant insert
- Removable UPF 50+ canopy with flip-out eyeshade
- Compatible with strollers from Nuna and many other brands
- Integrated harness holders help you buckle in baby with ease
- Leather-look carry handle adds luxury and comfort
- FAA-certified for airplanes with base
- Weight capacity: 4 to 32 pounds
- Height limit: 32"
- Dimensions: 27.3"L x 17.5"W x 22.5"H
- Product weight without canopy and insert: 5.3 pounds
- Product weight with canopy and insert: 6.7 pounds
- Product weight with base: 19.3 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year